Monday, April 29, 2013

Gosselin: Even with return to health in 2013, Cowboys face an uphill battle - Dallas Morning News

MOST UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE ON THE JOB:
Sitting at the hotel bar with Jerry Jones that night in Orlando, Fla., in March 1994 when he decided he'd had enough of Jimmy Johnson as coach of the Cowboys.

SOMETHING PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME:
I played hockey for a media all-star team in Detroit and once scored a goal against the Detroit Red Wings Old-Timers in a charity game at Olympia. As a high school player, I once scored a hat trick in a game at the Olympia. Love those "Original Six" buildings.

IF I HAD TWO SPARE HOURS, I WOULD:
Take a golf lesson and learn how to hit a driver.

MOST MEMORABLE SPORTING EVENT I'VE COVERED:
Impossible to pick just one, so I'll give you five, in no particular order: - 1, My first Super Bowl - X between the Cowboys and Steelers. - 2, 1983 NCAA basketball championship game between North Carolina State and Houston. - 3, 1984 Orange Bowl between Miami and Nebraska. - 4, 1971 baseball All-Star Game in Detroit, where all the future Hall of Famers homered and Reggie Jackson banged one off the light tower. - 5, Speedskater Bonnie Blair's world-record sprints at 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary. - Honorable mention: Troy Aikman's first college start as a freshman at Oklahoma against Kansas. (He lost.)

No comments:

Post a Comment